Minecraft Snapshot Week 40 12w40a/b Download
October 6, 2012 2 Comments
DoneyKebab here.. Bringing you another Minecraft Snapshot update..
Minecraft Snapshot 12w40a;
On Thursday Mojang released 12w40a;
We’re now fully into the “prepare for release” mode, so we’ve almost only worked on bug fixing and performance. We’ve decided to aim for October 24 for the full Pretty Scary Update. Here’s this week’s changelog:
- Minor terrain additions for the witch
- Flatworld configuration now allows you to generate trees, strongholds etc
- A number of new NBT tags for items (intended for custom map makers)
- The pick block action now works on items
- Pressing the 1-9 hotkeys while hovering over an item will put that item into the inventory bar
- The left-click action will no longer open doors, pull levers, push buttons or open trapdoors. Use the right mouse button!
- Firespread has been slightly nerfed again to prevent infinitely spreading fires
- More bugfixes & tweaks!
This was found to have a few bugs that needed fixing, no game-breakers though.
Minecraft Snapshot 12w40b;
12w40b was released on Friday fixing some minor issues.
UPDATE: The links above have been updated to version 12w40b. In this extra snapshot:
- Fixed the glitchy block popping bug
- Fixed beacon rendering
- Fixed a crash related to map items in strongholds
Download the snapshot here:
- Client: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w40b/minecraft.jar
- Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w40b/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
If you don’t have Minecraft you can download the launcher here: http://www.minecraft.net/download
// The Minecraft Team
How To Install
It seems the snapshots are the same as they used to be to install again;
Check out the M1neTube channel for more Snapshot videos
Please also check out our latest series, The Road To El Dorado;
Well that is it really, get on and try it yourself…
p.s. check out the Mojang Office.. It looks so amazing!